Monday 27 June 2022

It's Monday 3/7! What Are You Reading?


In my weekly posts I try to make things easy, but life has only recently begun. Go to paragraph 2 if you find it too difficult! I’ve been suffering from flu-like pain for a week and it’s a mess with my immune system, although I can’t figure out the exact cause (which drives me crazy!). I adjust the medication and try not to overdo it. My husband says it’s time that can be very frustrating, but it’s true! Today is a nice hot day (around 80!), But it means high blood pressure that bothers me from time to time. So I can’t walk as much as I would like. I'm just sick Last week I celebrated my 20th birthday with a chronic illness, so you think I'll get used to it now, but the unpredictability can sometimes disappoint me.

We also struggle to take care of my honest father, so I know that stress is also part of the problem. Today and tomorrow we had meetings with our doctors and the senior team. This week we are building a shelter. Even at 96 he has a strong heart, but he does not eat or drink. She needs more care and support than can be provided by additional diligent nurses and paramedics, and my husband and I are within our borders and also need support. We both stop there every day (I have lunch and she has dinner). Our doctor explained that palliative care will give a lot as well as provide emotional support.

We promised to take time for ourselves this weekend, so on Saturday we went for a walk in a small (pampering, damn!) Apartment in a beautiful local park. We walked downstream until the sun rose. In the evening we had the usual Saturday dinner and TV. We’re in a hurry to finish “A Handmade Tale” (which is weird!) Because our son’s subscription to Hulu is over this month, and we’re really enjoying Richard - two shows on the book!

The sky is a little clearer!

My husband came to the canal

Oh, and the good news - and there's something to look forward to! Bookotopia returns in person in 2022! This unique “Where Readers and Writers Meet” event takes place every year on the first weekend of May at the award-winning Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, Virginia. My mom and I joined our first Booktopia in 2015 (my resume is linked), and by 2020 we had moved on to three more, and it was stuck. A fun literary event where a group of readers of 100-150 people spend the whole weekend with about 10 authors. There are author discussions that are more like group discussions about books than reading in regular bookstores; Recommended by the bookstore. The “Great Event” Saturday night with all the authors; Also, a really fun Friday lunch with little things and an exchange of Yankee books. It’s a whole weekend of fun books! This is my view on Booktopia 2019 . A lot of the same people come back every year, so it’s a book friends meeting, especially after a two-year break this year. Everyone is welcome, so visit the Northshire Bookstore website for details (click “Events” and then scroll to BookTopia 2022). tell me if you want to go

Last week I only managed to play a short video, but it had a double title: a general weekly summary of what I read, plus what I plan to read in March for junior classes, the #Booktube readathon to help you have fun. enjoy!

Read the middle class on March and Friday 3-4-22


Here’s what we all read last week:

I graduated from Stephen Rowley’s “Editor ” and talked about it with my writers. This is a funny story about an author who received a book from the first publisher in the 90s. Visit their first meeting at James Publishing to find out that their new editor is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis! With such a premise the book is hilarious ( it came out in the 90s ) but also has great emotional depth. James ’novel is autobiographical and tells of the complex relationship between a mother and her son. His mother is not happy about it, and James still has to work before the novel ends satisfactorily. I really enjoyed it and we had a good discussion.

I then switched from Booktopia to My Best Picks, The Original Land , written by Dahlia Azim. North Edge bookstores always choose great books / authors for events, and this first novel is no exception. It began in Egypt in 1952 when Cairo caught fire and a revolution for independence began. 14-year-old Hala is leaving the British school for girls she attended and has started to feel trapped in her own home. He grew up with special privileges and security and knew very little about the outside world. He fled to New York with a soldier. The novel has different parts in terms of Haley, her husband and their daughter (yet). It’s fun and compelling.

My mid-level career began with a graphic novel I wanted to read, “The Terrible Cases of Margot Malu: Drew Wing’s Tangled Web” . I love this creative and fun series ! I read the first two books in this series, and this is the third. A boy named Charles moved to Echo Town when his parents bought the old building. Charles notices Carlip, who lives in the basement, and offers to call his new friend Kevin, Margot Malo, the Mediterranean Monster. Margot, being a child herself, helps people and monsters (which most adults ignore) to live together in peace. Now Charles is his assistant, and in this third book Margot disappears when a new case appears, so Charles tries to deal with it himself. Love it still, as always!

I’m also releasing a new audiobook for the March for College, Kelly Young’s Room to Dream . Seventh-grader Mia Tang is having a hard time in high school, but she is so excited that she and her parents will finally be able to visit the family in China! It’s been five years since they came back (and were on vacation), so Mia can’t wait to see her cousins ​​and grandparents again. Mia wants to become a writer, and in China she was offered a unique opportunity: she is chasing her dream! I like that the author draws a parallel between the problems of China and California in the 1990s - big problems like the supervision and closure of large department stores where mothers and fathers live, and small problems with middle-aged children. I really enjoyed this book and I can’t wait to see what it turns out to be!

My husband Ken completed Alice Henderson’s “ Blizzard of the Polar Bear ” (seems to be an option for February). Last year he really liked the author’s “ Loneliness Wolverines,” so I gave him this second novel for Christmas. Both books play Alex Carter, a wildlife biologist who studies endangered species, and this second part will take you to the Canadian Arch. I liked it and I enjoy reading it!

So why start Ken Follett’s short film “ Never ” (#Booktube also celebrates mammoth exercises, and this book will qualify!) We were both fans of Follett’s book from the 80s when he started writing thrillers and came back to it here with modern roots and unique races. The author’s note first states that he was thinking about how to control what seemed like a small event for the start of World War I, and thus reflects a similar situation in the world today (with the American president!). Sounds good and wise about Follett’s writing, I’m sure it will also be impressive.

Our 27-year-old son reads his favorite TV series, The Magic of Reclus, Lee Modezit Jr., and reads Book 4 , The War of the Orders , which we gave him at Christmas. There are 22 books in this epic fantasy series, so it should take a while!

Blog post from last week:

Fiction Review : The Means of Octavia Butler is a wonderful and powerful novel about the journey of a modern black woman to a southern farmhouse in 1815.

Middle Class Review: Ruby Lee and I Shannon Hitchcock is a fascinating and poignant story about a friendship between two girls and racial tensions in North Carolina's school integration in the 1960s.

What you read leads Catherine to Monday, so go to her blog and have fun on Monday! You can also join the version for kids / teens / teens posted by Unleashing Readers.

You can follow me on Twitter @SueBookByBook or on my blog page on Facebook.

What are you and your family reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's Monday 1/24! What Are You Reading?

Hosted by The Book Date I am slowly recovering from COVID, slowly. Last week I achieved two important milestones. tested negative for Cov...