Saturday 2 July 2022

2022 Reading Challenges

Better late than never, right? Hey, it's still January! It's time to take on the reading challenges of the year! These are all favorites from years before this year. I record:

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2022 is organized by My Reader's Block

In the 48 books on my TBR shelves, I once again set my eyes on Mount Ağrı . I missed it last year, I only had 38 books on my shelves, but I want to challenge myself because the shelves are overflowing! Note that the challenge allows me to count ebooks and audiobooks, but my main goal is to remove some of the physical books I have (my TBR library is now doubling), so I only count physical books. This challenge has monthly review links.


Motivate Monthly Reading Challenge 2022 organized by Girlxoxo .

I love this challenge every year! Last year I played all twelve tracks of the month, so I'll try to play them all again in 2022! It also includes monthly review links. Reasons for 2022:

JANUARY - New to you . Ring in the New Year with something new: a new genre, a new author, a new book collection, a new book with purchase, and more.


FEBRUARY - Power of the Maiden . Highlight women! Female authors, fierce female characters, feminism, female body positivity, women in science/government, etc.


MARCH - There was a murmur about the books . Read a book in 2021 that you've seen a lot of publicity about but haven't started reading yet.


APRIL - The books are out . Read the book based on this film or television adaptation. For an added challenge, watch the show after reading the book.


MAY- Librarians meet . Read a book located in a library or bookstore; librarian, author or librarian; Or a book with the word "BOOK" in the title.


JUNE - HORROTASUNA through books . Read a book by an author who is a member of the LGBTQIA+ community or a book with LGBTQIA+ characters.


JULY- Summer love - Have fun . This month is dedicated to reading on the beach, romantic comedies and/or love stories. Choose something fun and easy.


AUGUST - Burns quickly. Reading novels, graphic novels, poetry collections, books less than 200 pages.


SEPTEMBER - Match for the title . Read a book with puns, puns, jokes, or clever titles with double meanings.


OCTOBER - Murder or Magic . Read a mystery novel or a book on magical realism.


NOVEMBER - Translation of books . First, read any book that is not written in your native language but has been translated later.


DECEMBER - The fire is very nice . Read a book with fire, flames, candles, smoke, or burns on the title or cover.

Return to the 2022 Classic Challenge organized by Books and Chocolate .

Another challenge that I return to every year. I usually aim for 6 classics (in 6 categories), which is fine by me, although last year I only read 4 classics. I'm already reading one, so I hope to reach my goal this year! The categories for 2022 are:

1st century classic. Any book first published between 1800 and 1899

2nd century classic. Any book first published between 1900 and 1972. All books must have been published at least 50 years ago; the exception is books written by 1972 and published posthumously.

3. A classic work of an author.

4. Classic in translation. Any book published in a language other than your primary language. If you wish, you can read it translated or in the original language.

5. A classic from the author of BIPOC. Any book published by a non-white author.

6.
Classic Mystery/Detective/Crime. It can be fiction or non-fiction (true crime). For example , Crime on the Orient Express, Crime and Punishment, In Cold Blood.

7. A collection of classic tales. Each volume at least six stories. A book can have one author or an anthology of several authors.

8. Pre-1800 Classics. Anything written before 1800. Epic plays and poems like “Odyssey” are allowed in this category.

9. A non-fiction classic. Travels, memoirs, and biographies are great choices for this category.

10. The longest running classic on your TBR playlist. Find the longest unread classic and finally cross it off your list!

11. Classic atmosphere wherever you want to go. It can be real or fictional: Paris, Tokyo, the Moon, Middle Earth, etc. It could be a place you've never been or a place you'd like to visit again.

12. Classic sign. Any classic book you want, from any category, as long as it's 50 years old!

 

Run to the right book with Dollycas, organized by the 2022 Word Soup Reader Challenge .

This type of challenge was new to me in 2021 and I loved it so I'll try another one! You simply keep track of the books you have read, trying to cover all the letters of the alphabet (the first letter of the title, not counting the articles). Last year, I completed 21 of 26 articles.

Book'd Out 2022 Nonfiction Readers Challenge.

I always enter a nonfiction contest and I really enjoyed it last year! I have read 15 non-fiction books in 2020, so I will write in the Non-Fiction Nosher category and draw at least 12 books to read. I read 13 last year!

Categories:

1. Social history

2. Social sciences

3. Language

4. Medical memory

5. Climate / Weather

6. Famous

7. Reference

8. Geography

9. About the podcast

10. Wild animals

11. Economy

12. Released in 2022

Diversity Reading Challenge 2022 Hosted by Famous Readers .

It's also a popular challenge that I enjoy every year. I read 33 books last year, so this year I'm going to do 40! This challenge also includes links to mini challenges and monthly reviews.


JANUARY - various stories/cultures/mythologies; or other recovery; or non-western structure
FEBRUARY - little: Black/African American
MARCH - # own votes; o Genre: female authors in male-dominated genres/non-fiction
APRIL - poc: Middle East / South Asia
MAY - poc: East Asia / Southeast Asia / Pacific Islands
JUNE - LGBT+ Summer Pride: Sexuality and Gender Identity
JULY - LGBT+ Summer Pride: Sexuality and Gender Identity
AUGUST - mental health/addictions
SEPTEMBER - poc: Hispanic/Latinx
OCTOBER - Physical/Sensory/Cognitive/Intellectual/Developmental Disability
NOVEMBER - poc: Native Americans
DECEMBER - religious minorities


Travel the world with a book reading challenge organized by Mom's Little Victories

I signed up for this in 2014, so this is a follow up (which is always a challenge). I can't wait to see what places I visit in the 2022 books! In 2021, my books have taken me to 36 countries in 17 different countries outside of the United States.

Escape to a good book with Dollycas organized by the 2022 Literary Escape Challenge .

I also like to keep track of my readings at home. In 2021, I read books written in 23 different countries. I hope to be able to study in other countries this year!

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

CONNECTICUT

Delaware

District of Colombia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

morning

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

MINNESOTA

Mississippi

Missouri

Mountain

Nebraska

Snowfall

new hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

OHIO

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

TEXAS

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Big Book Summer Challenge hosted by Book By Book (me!).

My annual challenge that I host each summer runs from Memorial Day weekend (late May) through Labor Day (first Monday in September). I hope you'll join me for some fun this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's Monday 1/24! What Are You Reading?

Hosted by The Book Date I am slowly recovering from COVID, slowly. Last week I achieved two important milestones. tested negative for Cov...